Monday, January 27, 2014

A Winter Blues Pick Me Up

These past weeks have been super frigid here in NJ ~and in a lot of states for that matter~ and well, we all know that long dreary days can affect our moods...  To remediate to the Winter Blues, I needed a little color pick me up in my office and some organization.

After the little facelift I gave my desktop calendar, I continued with the blues and added some gold touches.  Because lately, I've just been all about gold!  Who hasn't anyways?!  Gold is the new black.

Gold is almost everywhere in that room.  I even made gold hexagons decals for the walls ;) 



I found a cute set of cards at Staples the other day.  Loved the colors.  Teal blue and gold!!  How perfect.  Plus, check out those words: "Life isn't about finding yourself.  Life is about creating yourself."  I thought it was very appropriate in my office where it is all about creation and ultimately becoming the person I want to be.

I use the Becky Higgins corner puncher and date stamp to make the tabs of my planners.  Great products.  They've saved my hours already!


I keep only the most important things I need by my side:  colorful pens, Sharpies, hand cream ~because my hands get SO dry in the winter~, Chapstick, Better Homes and Gardens and other magazines, and sticky notes in the caddy.


Being organized is so much easier when you keep everything contained.  Small boxes, containers or caddies are a good solution for desk organization.


I have to admit, I was a bit inspired by my new business Stella & Dot for the color choices on this design!!

~Don't mind the side of the desk.  Yes, there is tape on it!  Waiting to get a molding to finish the piece.
This space makes me want to accomplish so much now!  It feels refreshing, inspiring, joyful, inviting and organized!!  In these cold days, I am giving the winter blues a new meaning for myself. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 photo faebook_zpse882f7fa.png