Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Bathroom Mirror Cabinet

Renting a house as a newly wed couple has lots of advantages, and we are so grateful that we found this house.
However, it comes with some downsides.
There is a lot of work that should be done in the house we live in to make it more enjoyable for anyone ~and not have to stick with the old fashion decor~ but since we don't own it, we won't spend the time and money on it.  So instead, I look for ways to make it nicer.

Today, I decided to beautify the bathroom mirror cabinet.
I was inspired by the author of iheartorganizing.blogspot.com.


Jen likes to put shelf liners or other pretty papers in her drawers for a "happy surprise", and although this was not a drawer or a shelf, I thought I could make it happier looking!

I really don't like the color of the cabinet, and the inside makes me not want to open it!  It's plain gold, has a lot of scratches and just looks old.




First, I emptied, cleaned the cabinet and measured it.
Then, I took a piece of colorful wrapping paper, cut it to the size of the inside of the cabinet.
I had to add some indentations for the part were the shelves rest on the sides of the cabinet ~shelves holders? not sure what to call them, sorry... :(


Next, I put the paper in the wall of the cabinet, securing it with some double-sided tape on the 4 corners.
Et voila! Much better!

I love it! And can you see that the paper matches my beauty product: green and pink! Not at all done on purpose, but pretty cool!



Make Little Changes For  A

Life in Positudiness!

~Sandie



2 comments:

  1. Bathroom Mirror Cabinets our useful more then other types of cabinets. I also uses Designer Mirror Cabinets for my bathroom.

    http://www.homedesignplus.com.au/

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 photo faebook_zpse882f7fa.png