Thursday, August 29, 2013

DIY Drawers for Deep Kitchen Cabinets

Organizing Dish and Hand Towels

This is probably the quickest and easiest organizing tip of the year!

I think it is very hard to store any kind of item in a pantry, cabinet, closet or even refrigerator that has pretty deep shelves...  I always find myself forgetting about whatever is hiding in the back and/or having to move things around a lot.  
I came to the conclusion that my best bet was to create pull out "drawers" whenever possible. 



First, what goes where

This narrow but deep shelf was a great place to have my dish and hand towels, but the space was a bit awkward to simply pile them up.


Second, find the proper prop

I came across one of my favorite basket and realized it was the perfect size for that particular shelf.  
So, I rolled each towel to stack them upright in a cute way...



...Placed the basket on the shelf...


...and whenever I need to quickly grab a clean towel, I just pull out the basket and take what I need from it!


That's it!!  An easy breeze organizing trick that facilitates my life in the kitchen!

3 comments:

  1. Heyyy :)
    Je viens de découvrir ton blog et j'en suis ravie :) On doit se soutenir entre Frenchies ;)
    Je me demande comment tu t'es retrouvée aux US, ça m'intéresse!! :)
    A bientôt
    Iris
    www.thecoloredmarriedlife.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea! Baskets are my favorite tool!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 photo faebook_zpse882f7fa.png