Like with my Quiches or Crock-Pot Veggies and Salmon recipes, this one simply starts with whatever vegetables I may have in the fridge that day. Then, add some protein, and we have healthy dinner.
Ingredients for 2 persons
6 Carrots 2 or 2 Garlic Cloves 2 Chicken Breasts
2 Leeks Butter, Olive Oil Herbs de Provence, salt, pepper
1. Peel, wash and slice the carrots.
2. Peel and half the garlic cloves.
3. Place the carrots and garlic cloves in a heated pan with one teaspoon of butter and a tablespoon of O.O. Sear the carrots on high flame until they become brown.
3. While the carrots are browning, remove the first 2 leaves of the leeks and dispose of them. Half the leeks' stems from top to bottom and wash thoroughly. Get in between each leaf; there is usually a lot of dirt particles hiding in there!
4. Cut the tips of the leeks off, throw out. Now, half the leeks long ways, separating the dark leaves from the lighter ones. Put the darker leaves in a container, you can use them later in a soup maybe...
5. Cut the light tender part of the leeks in thin slices. Wash again and drain.
6. Reduce the heat under your pan and add the leeks and more butter. Add salt and pepper. Let the vegetables reduce for about 15 minutes ~on simmer~.
7. Five minutes before you are ready to serve, heat up another pan to cook the chicken. Put 1 teaspoon of butter.
8. When the pan is very hot, place the chicken breasts. Season the up side with salt, pepper and Herbs de Provence ~if you don't have those Herbs, use Italian Seasoning~.
9. Flip the chicken once the bottom is browned. Season the same way and brown the second side.
10. When the chicken is ready, serve it with the vegetables!
LeftoverIf you have leftover vegetables, use them in an omelette the next day. Add some cheddar cheese on top of the omelette.
It's very delicious and another healthy meal!